December 24, 2012
Matt 14:26 -- “And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled saying, “It is a ghost!" and they cried out in fear.
“But immediately Jesus spoke to them saying "Be of good cheer! It is I; do not be afraid" and Peter answered him and said, "Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water," so he said "Come. And peter came down off the boat and walked on the water to go to Jesus.
“But when he saw that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink he cried out, saying, "Lord save me!" And immediately Jesus stretched out his hand and caught him and said to him, "O, you of little faith, why did you doubt?"
.............sometimes I am overwhelmed with troubles; my finances, my relationships, my fears, my anxiety, lack of confidence, lack of assurance.
I examine my troubles from every angle! God spoke to me one day, and said, "Don't focus on your problems, focus on Jesus!" I thought also of the words "seek ye first the kingdom of God" and "set your mind on things above." Peter took his eyes off of Jesus and began to sink into his troubles.
When I focus on Jesus, my problems seem to dissolve like a mist. We thrash around in these troubled waters when we should rise up on eagles’ wings above them. We must keep our focus on the Lord. We like to thrash around in our troubles, but who knows if the Creator of the universe didn't create these troubles for us; to refine us. When we live lives free of problems we become mediocre and ineffective Christians. Troubles build character in our lives.
* good to allow women to kill there unborn children.
evil to try to stop her...Prov 6:16,17
*good for homosexuals to engage & marry.
evil to be homophobic...Romans1:26-32
* good to borrow your way out of debt & live in poverty..
evil to be prosperous & be a lender..Prov.22:7
* good to raise up ungodly children [humanists, evolutionists].
evil to train up your child in the ways of the lord...Prov 24:21,22
* good to be proud, vain & high minded..[ just listen to the rap music of today],,
evil to be humble & on our knees repenting & praying to the Lord...James 4:6
I could go on all night,,,the sign of the times,[the end times]....
In Christ, Bob
APRIL 4, 2012
1. YOU EXPERIENCE "THE PEACE THAT PASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING."
2. YOUR FEARS, INSECURITIES & TROUBLES ALL DISAPPEAR AS A VAPOR.
3. HIS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE WARMS YOUR FACE.
4. "O, TASTE AND SEE THAT THE LORD IS GOOD" HAS A WHOLE NEW MEANING.
5. YOU REMEMBER YOUR LIFELONG QUEST FOR THIS EXPERIENCE (IN BARS, BOOZE, DRUGS AND WOMEN -- WASTED TIME).
6. YOU HAVE BEEN CHANGED FOREVER.
7. YOU ARE AT A LOSS FOR WORDS (THERE ARE NO WORDS TO EXPLAIN IT)!
I have often wondered why it is that Conservatives are called the “right” and Liberals are called the “left.” By chance I stumbled upon this verse in the Bible:
“ The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left .”
Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)
Thus sayeth the Lord. Amen
Can't get any simpler than that.